Sony | Murata VTC5D 18650 2800mAh 25A Battery
This is a long awaited cell from Sony/MuRata to follow the footsteps of the venerable VTC5A, but this cell is a bit above board. This cell hits with a bit more energy with the additional 200 mAh in capacity. That takes this VTC5D to the 2,800 mAh mark in capacity and while still having a tremendously high Maximum Continuous Discharge/Drain Rating of 25 Amps. However, it can be pushed up to 35 Amps with a Required Temperature Cut @ 90 degree Celsius according to the Manufacturer's Data Sheet. The is an amazing cell, that only builds upon where the VTC5A left off. The extra 200 mAh in capacity shows up throughout the entire Discharge with Capacity Graph and not just the tail end of the duration of the discharge cycle. This also helps out with minimizing voltage sag at the upper limits of it's discharging/drain limit. This cell should only be used in Ultra-High Discharge/Drain device(s), where it really performs at its designed performance range.
- Model: VTC5D
- Size: 18650
- Style: Flat Top
- Nominal Capacity: 2800mAh
- Continuous Discharge Rating: 25A
- Nominal Voltage: 3.6v
- Protected: No
- Rechargeable: Yes
- Approximate Dimensions: 18mm x 65mm
- Approximate Weight: g
The user must have appropriate understanding of lithium ion batteries before purchase. Use caution when working with and using lithium ion batteries as they are very sensitive to charging characteristics and may explode, burn, or cause a fire if misused or mishandled. Always charge in or on a fire-proof surface. Never leave batteries charging unattended. Buyer is responsible for any damage or injury caused by misuse or mishandling lithium ion batteries and chargers. No express or implied guarantee of compatibility with any device can be made. Charge only with a smart charger designed for this specific type of lithium ion battery. Do not mix and match old and new, used and unused batteries.
- Misusing or mishandling lithium ion batteries can pose a SERIOUS RISK of personal injury, property damage, or death
- BATTERIES MAY EXPLODE, BURN, OR CAUSE A FIRE IF MISUSED OR MISHANDLED
- ONLY use with proper protection circuitry
- ONLY use within manufacturer specification
- DO NOT store loose in pocket, purse, etc. – always use a protective case
- KEEP AWAY from metal objects to prevent short circuiting
- DO NOT short circuit
- DO NOT use if wrapper or insulator is damaged or torn
- DO NOT use if damaged in any way
- DO NOT overcharge or over-discharge
- DO NOT modify, disassemble, puncture, cut, crush, or incinerate
- DO NOT expose to liquids or high temperatures
- DO NOT solder
- User must be familiar with handling lithium ion batteries before purchase
- Usage of batteries is AT YOUR OWN RISK
This battery is manufactured and sold for the intended use of system integrations with proper protection circuitry or battery packs with a BMS (battery management system) or PCB (circuit board/module). This battery is neither designed nor intended to be used with an e-cig, vape, or similar device. USAGE OF THIS BATTERY IS AT YOUR OWN RISK!
Local regulations and laws pertaining to the recycling and disposal of lithium ion batteries vary so please consult your local jurisdiction regarding appropriate disposal. Many retail stores offer free recycling of rechargeable batteries.